Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Barefoot - Day 4

One more day. barefoot. I had been avoiding walking without shoes because I was feeling some discomfort in my feet. I thought it was from walking on my bare soles, but then I noticed that even though I hadn't walked barefoot already for a while my feet were still kind of sore. Maybe it could be something else, and what I thought it was was this: At the same time that I started working on walking without shoes I also started trying to correct my walking gait. I tend to angle my feet outwards when I walk. I was trying to point them forwards. And of course after 30 years walking like a duck, forcing a "normal" gait is going to use all sort of muscles that had atrophied from "anormal" use. So what I did today was I tried to walk the way my feet wanted, and I think it might be working. I still want to correct my feet's angle, but I guess I should work on a thing at a time.

No comments: